Buffalo Park Class

Posted by Stroller Strides Flagstaff On May - 22 - 2009

Class meets Mon, Wed, Fri 9:15AM at the Ramada in Buffalo Park. Every Stroller Strides class is a TOTAL body workout including, cardio, strength training, balance and flexibility. All you need to bring is a mat/towel, water, sunscreen and snacks for your baby!

Luna Moms Club

Posted by Stroller Strides Flagstaff On May - 22 - 2009

Stroller Strides is proud to offer the Luna Moms Club, powered by LUNA bar! This free club has weekly playgroups, monthly Moms Night Out and quarterly community service projects.

5k Training Program

Posted by Stroller Strides Flagstaff On May - 22 - 2009

Wanna run a 5k? How about a 10k? Half Marathon? Marathon? With Stroller Strides running programs you will be racing your way across the finish line in no time.

Community Service

Posted by Stroller Strides Flagstaff On May - 22 - 2009

As part of the Luna Moms Club "Moms with a Mission" program we complete quarterly community service programs. So far this year we've raised $3,000 for Girls on the Run and $1,500 for the March of Dimes!

Make New Friends

Posted by Author On Month - Day - Year

It can be lonely and overwhelming being a new (or even an 'old') mom- with Stroller Strides you're not alone. Come meet other moms in Flagstaff and take some time out for yourself, with your kids. We've all been there and love to help!

Mom is my "roll" model

Posted by Beth On 11:48 AM

Strollerstrides.com has the best t-shirt it reads "My mom is my role model", I've always thought it was adorable and reminds us all that as moms our kids watch everything we do & absorb it all- even when we think (or wish?) they aren't.
We all have our vices and 'issues' for me- it has always been sweets. I just read an article saying that liking sweets may actually be genetic (thanks, mom!) but like most things, just because we have a propensity towards something doesn't mean we have to give in to those urges. I think about that a lot- just because we can do something doesn't mean we should.. For me its the thought that "yes, I can buy a big bag of halloween candy & eat it all this week... but should I?" Becoming a mom has really brought this home for me- I realize that Lily sees and hears everything I do and is starting, already, to imitate me. Do I want a daughter that has issues with food or do I want one that can enjoy one sweet treat & not have any weird feelings about it? Do I want a daughter thats a couch potato or do I want one that gets off her butt & gets out there? Do I want a daughter that comes up with 100 excuses why she shouldn't do something instead of just getting up & working through it?
Its pretty amazing & scary the power we have over shaping our children's habits even when they are just 6 months old!

I heard the best, best, best story today at the playground after class at Ponderosa Trails- a Stroller Strides mommy told me that last night when her husband was asking about class, her daughter got up & showed her dad a whole Stroller Strides routine- squats & all! She later caught her using a long balloon as tubes and was standing on it doing bicep curls. A 2 year old is picking up that exercising can be fun- just by watching her mom in class!!! Now thats a 'roll model'.....
|

2 Response to "Mom is my "roll" model"

  1. Livsmom Said,

    Hey, I had to read this twice to realize you were talking about Olivia! Thanks for sharing the story!! I love Stroller Strides!

     

  2. Heather Said,

    I am constantly thinking about food. Issues with weight and food run in the family. I will tell you all the details, if you want to here them, later. But I find myself not eating things because I don't want her to eat them and she must eat everything that I do. So that is helpful for me. But on the same note. I surprise myself at how much I worry about what she is eating and don't take the time for me. Like packing healthy snacks. Silly stuff, but I do believe that eating is a habit formed long before you understand the food pyramid.

     

    Recent Posts

    Recent Comments

    Blog Archive